Internet of Things: Smart Retail Solutions
In spite of booming e-Retail, 85% of the consumer buys from physical store & hope in future it will become a connected entity for easy access to buying information in their hand held. With IoT we can reach them quickly and provide smooth in-store experience. With smart store concept retailer are now having more capability to understand consumer behaviour. Retail IoT opens the gate of Omni channel Retail, that is, in-store retail, mobile retail, digital commerce, connected retail and more. The combination of data and analytics will bring about revolutionary changes in the industry in near future.
- Premium Customer Service Experience
- Improving operational efficiency
- Increased loyalty, engagement and awareness
- No Queue with online billing
- Equipment maintenance
- Inventory management
- Internal POS Systems
- Personalised Shopping
- Business promotion – offers/deals
- Proximity Marketing: Pushing promotional offer to client in the proximity (iBeacon or Eddystone based). Helps in attracting customer & increase in sales.
- Inventory management: RFID or Beacon based inventory tracking can help showing real-time details of inventory.
- Measure footfalls/mall traffic: Measuring sensor-based foot fall count and further sales conversion rate. Can be done daily, weekly or monthly basis
- Moving merchandise more efficiently: Based on sensor based foot fall or heat-map analysis move merchandise. Make it more efficient.
- Smart Shelves: With ultrasonic based sensor monitor the real-time status of shelves & the available merchandise. Get notification through web portal or mobile app & take action.
- Availability of trail room: With the use of PIR sensor monitor the usage of trial rooms and their occupancy rate.
- Availability of sales person in cash counter: Based on PIR sensor management can check real-time availability of the sales person at cash counter.
- Availability of guards at entrance, exit: Ensure guards are available at entrance or exit, through PIR sensor. Prevent shop-lifting.
- Availability of parking lot: Using ultrasonic based sensor monitor the availability of parking lot.
- Digital Marketing: Use SEO or social media as marketing channel.
- Wi-Fi counting of customer: Using Wi-Fi based solution & individual smartphone for identifying repeat customer, duration of their visit or outside customer.
- mPOS: Tablet based order taking, notifying to kitchen and wireless bill generation for restaurants. Mobile app based meal ordering.
- Smart lock: Control the opening & closing of main entrance lock remotely through smart lock. Keyless entrance.
- Energy monitoring: Monitoring of energy meters or DG fuel level remotely and ensure energy efficiency or stop diesel pilferage.
- Customer analytics: Daily/Weekly/Monthly visitor, sales conversion rate, zone analysis, marketing effectiveness, store opening & closing time.
- Asset or employee tracking: Using Beacon tag and gateway one can locate the costly assets or employee within retail premise.
- Omni channel Retail: Integrating online, offline sales records and further analytics.
- Safety security: Using motion sensor, any unwanted movement in store can be tracked and notified.
- Workforce management: Using simple app the daily roster of employees and conformance can be monitored.
- Preventive maintenance: Important appliances can be monitored through sensor and like failure can be predicted.
- Smart Transportation: Use of GPS to track moving merchandise more efficiently.
- Personalised greeting: Based on historical data, upon entrance customer can be greeted with personalised messages, offers.
- Product details & reviews: Using Beacon technology high value items can show their manufacturing details in app and one can also see the reviews.
- AR based costume trail: Augmented Reality (AR) can help customer to try out dresses without even actually wearing them.
- 24×7 Support: App or web portal based complain can be made. Nature of complains can be analysed.
- NFC based payment.