Industry 4.0: from sensors to business value
How we got to now
While individual ‘smart machines’ driven by PLCs have existed for many years, the emergence of cheap data storage, hardware, cloud technologies, interconnectivity and ever-increasing computing power has pushed manufacturing process digitization to new heights. The result is the ‘smart factory’, where physical systems and software solutions communicate with operators and each other and make data-driven decisions – sometimes without any human intervention at all.
Turning data into value
In other words, the essence of Industry 4.0 is the use of data-derived insights to make better decisions and thus create business value. The whole process, from sensors to value, looks like this:
Many large companies are familiar with Industry 4.0, but SMEs are discovering the benefits as well.
The SME of the future
How we can help you
- create awareness through workshops, business games and quick scans
- define improvement programs and offer vision, strategy and a roadmap
- execute transformation at your company
- build your business process architecture, monitor it, and train your people
Why choose s5system?
- We offer a structured approach
- We recombine business and technology
- We collaborate closely with your team
- We have 15 years of experience in business transformation in numerous industries